Read important Green Card information here
Monday - Friday: (9am – 5:30pm) Saturday: (9am – 1pm)
0161 874 4188

Contact Us

You can contact us by telephone, email or you can write to us. Alternatively, we may be able to answer your question right away. View the most commonly asked questions below.
You can view our Christmas Opening Hours here.

You can contact us by telephone, email or you can write to us. Alternatively, we may be able to answer your question right away. View the most commonly asked questions below.
Monday – Friday: 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Select a department when prompted

Drive-in and See Us

Be sure to drive-in to your local Wilsons Insurance office and see us. You'll be able to meet our friendly staff, arrange an insurance renewal or quotation, find out about our recommend a friend scheme and drive away with some taxi merchandise!

Manchester Office
Wilsons Insurance
Clipper House
Chester Road
Stretford, Sale
M32 8AF
Liverpool Office
Wilsons Insurance
Unit 9-10
Block D 
Paramount Business Park
L36 6AW

Get In Touch

Fill in your details and we will get back to you as soon as possible
The most commonly asked questions are answered here.

Call us on 0161 874 4188 if you have any further questions
to ask us.
Ask A Question

Q - How many taxis are required for fleet insurance?

A – If you have 3 or more taxis, then fleet insurance is the best cover for you. This will cover your company’s vehicles without taking out multiple policies. If you rent your taxi vehicles to your drivers, they can also be covered as part of the taxi fleet policy, but they must be 25 years or older.

Q - Do I need public hire taxi cover or private hire taxi cover?

A – Private hire taxis are pre-booked and public hire taxis do not require a pre-booking.

Q - What geographical areas do Wilsons Insurance cover?

A – We provide insurance on a UK-wide basis and have UK-based contact centres.

Q – What type of licence do I need?

A – You can find information on the type of license you need on the website.

Q – What types of vehicles will your taxi insurance cover?

A – Our insurance covers a wide range of vehicles from saloons to executive cars.

Q – What type of cover can I get?

A – We provide all levels of cover including third party, third party fire & theft, comprehensive and public liability.

Q – Can I insure my taxi for personal use?

A – If you’re a registered taxi driver, you can still use your vehicle for personal use. Rules can differ depending on your local council, so make sure you check in advance.

Q – Can I get cover today?

A – If you need insurance today, we have you covered. You can make a payment by credit or debit card or if you choose to pay by Direct Debit, you can pay an initial deposit and then pay the remaining amount over monthly instalments.

Q – What other policies do you offer?

A – We know that you rely on your vehicle to make a living. In an unfortunate case of a breakdown, you will want to get back on the road as soon as possible. We offer breakdown cover in addition to your existing policy or as a new policy. Legal expenses cover is also available.

Q - How many drivers can I have on my policy?

A - When you purchase single vehicle taxi insurance, you can insure up to 4 drivers on a ‘named drivers’ policy. Dependent on your insurer, you can cover any authorised driver, rather than all named drivers on your fleet.
Wilsons Insurance
Wilsons Insurance is a trading name of Bollington Insurance Brokers Ltd who are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and is wholly owned by Bollington Wilson Group Limited Registered Number: 10889686. Registered Office: Adlington Court, Adlington Park, Adlington, Cheshire, SK10 4NL.
map-markerphone linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram